Part-Time Lecturer of Information Technology
- Doctoral Degree, JD, Gould School of Law, University of Southern California
- Master's Degree, Electrical Engineering, Brigham Young University
- Master's Degree, MBA, University of California - Los Angeles
- Bachelor's Degree, Electrical Engineering, Brigham Young University
Chaz Hales is a Part-Time Lecturer in the Information Technology Program (ITP). He currently teaches ITP 256, an introductory class that explores Bitcoin and blockchain technology. Prior to joining the ITP faculty, Chaz worked in the aerospace industry in Los Angeles designing, building, and testing communications satellites. There's a decent chance that you've watched TV or listened to satellite radio via a satellite that Chaz helped put into space. In his day job, Chaz is an intellectual property attorney, specializing in litigating patents, copyrights, and trademarks.
Chaz earned his J.D. at the USC Gould School of Law. He received his M.B.A. at the UCLA Anderson School of Management. He also has a B.S. and M.S. in electrical engineering from Brigham Young University, where he studied signal processing and computational electromagnetics.
- Information Technology Program
- Chaz Hales has not listed an office location.