A limited number of laptops are available for students to borrow to work on assignments for their ITP classes.
How It Works
- Students fill out and submit a Loaner Device Request Form to start the check-out process.
- Once a request has been approved, ITP will ship the device to the student or coordinate an in-person pickup.
- Devices will be inspected weekly throughout the semester via Zoom.
- Loaned devices must be returned to ITP by the end of the semester. Students should submit a Loaner Device Return Form to start the return process. Students can ship the loaner device back to ITP with a pre-paid shipping label or coordinate an in-person drop-off.
- You must be a USC student enrolled in an ITP course.
- The device must be used for ITP course work.
- You must be in good standing with the ITP loaner device program.
- Devices must be inspected and renewed once per week via Zoom during scheduled check-in hours, rather than at the ITP main office.
- Failure to renew the device may result in the borrower’s professor being notified, confiscation of the device, and loss of good standing with the loaner device program.
- Students are not authorized to install any additional programs, add-ons, or updates to ITP devices.
- All data stored on ITP devices will be deleted each time the device is powered off.
- Students will be financially responsible for any lost or damaged equipment.
The following devices are available to borrow:
- MacBook Pro
- Dell XPS
These devices are updated at the start of each semester with the software required for that semester’s classes. If additional software is required for the class, the class instructor must contact Viterbi IT before the semester begins so that the devices can be updated.