Associate Professor of Information Technology Practice
- 2022, Doctoral Degree, Organizational Change and Leadership, University of Southern California
- 2015, Master's Degree, Computer Science, University of Southern California
- 1993, Bachelor's Degree, Mathematics, University of California - San Diego
- 1993, Bachelor's Degree, Computer Science, University of California - San Diego
Trina Gregory is an Associate Professor of Information Technology Practice teaching technology, programming, and engineering courses. She began teaching at USC in January 2007 as a part-time lecturer and transitioned to a full-time, teaching-track faculty position in August 2009. Trina created and oversees the Mobile App Development minor. She is also an Associate Director of Innovation and Entrepreneurship for the Viterbi Office of Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
After getting a bachelor's degree in Mathematics-Computer Science from UCSD, she worked full-time in the computer science field for over 12 years. She mainly worked for SAIC developing, writing, and managing software for the Department of Defense. She received a master's degree in Computer Science from USC. She is currently pursuing an Ed.D. from the Rossier School of Education in Organizational Change and Leadership.
She has taught classes in Java, Python, Swift, and Objective-C programming, web publishing, information technology, and mobile apps. Whether it is a new class or one she has taught before, Trina is constantly updating the lectures and labs to keep up-to-date with the latest technologies. She loves helping students achieve their goals and is thus involved in various student organizations.
For the Fall 2022 semester, she holds open office hours on Wednesday at 1 - 3 pm PT and Thursday at 11:30 am - 1:30 pm PT during the semester. You can also schedule one-to-one meetings with her using Calendly.
diversity in tech, computer programming, computer science, Python, Swift, Java, mobile app development, iOS apps, Objective-C, web publishing, Internet, WWW, innovation, entrepreneurship
- 2020 USC Women in Science and Engineering (WiSE) Program 2020 Hanna Reisler Mentorship Award
- Associate Director of Program or Center, Associate Director of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Information Technology Program
- RRB 243
- Robert Glen Rapp Engineering Research Building
- 854 Downey Way, Los Angeles, CA 90089
- USC Mail Code: 1193
- (213) 740-4542