Associate Professor of Information Technology Practice
- Master's Degree, Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California
- Bachelor's Degree, Computer Engineering and Computer Science, University of Southern California
Rob Parke is an Associate Professor of Information Technology Practice in the Information Technology Program in the Viterbi School of Engineering and has previously held a joint appointment in Iovine / Young Academy for Arts, Technology and the Business of Innovation.
He created an Android development course for the Mobile App Development minor, serves as lead faculty for the introductory Python programming course, and established the Connected Devices and Making minor to teach non-engineering students to create internet-enabled, hardware devices. He has previously taught Web Design, Introduction to Information Technology, Java Programming, C++ programming, and Photoshop.
Rob is also actively involved in senate governance at USC in roles that address issues of inclusion and equity, having served as co-chair of both the Academic Senate Campus Climate Committee and the Community Advisory Board. He also supports the CMD-IT/ACM Richard Tapia Celebration of Diversity in Computing Conference, including serving as General Chair in 2021. Outside of academia, Rob has a lifelong love of technology from the technical to the creative, with professional experience in software development, information technology, web design, audio engineering, film / TV post-production, and digital media.
- 2021 Information Technology Program Associate Director's Award for Teaching
- 2021 AccessComputing Capacity Building Award
- 2015 Qualcomm Developer of the Month
- 2004 University of Southern California Archimedes Circle Award (Engineering Valedictorian), University of Southern California (2004)
- Information Technology Program
- RRB 218
- Robert Glen Rapp Engineering Research Building
- 854 Downey Way, Los Angeles, CA 90089
- USC Mail Code: 1456
- (213) 740-4542